How To Choose The Best Facebook Marketing Method
I was a late comer to Facebook…
In fact when Facebook put out it’s “what is your value analysis” my value was zero! - LOL
Then Network Marketing came along and my old school teachers taught all the wrong ways to use Facebook to “build” a business.
How about you?
So let’s clear things up.
What is the best way to build your Network Marketing business on Facebook…
- Should you use your Facebook Personal Profile?
- How about a Facebook ‘Fan’ page?
- Or would a Facebook Group be better?
If you are new or just not sure what works best let’s go over the options.
There are truly as many opinions on what works as there are “experts” to teach you.
And to be honest at some level all have benefits.
In this article I’ll share what is working for me and allowed me to fire my boss and go full time into my business.
So let’s start by looking at the pros and cons and how the big boys and girls use each method…
Using a Facebook Personal Profile is where I started and I’m sure you started here also…
But there is a proper and improper way to use your profile if you are building a business.
- It’s a free strategy
- It is a way to expose your business to people who already know you, (if you already have a Facebook profile and friends that is)
- If you have lots friends, it’s a way to quickly introduce your business
- Normally friends are people who already know you, like you, and trust you so reaching out and connecting is simple
- Personal profiles are a great ways to start building your brand
- If you use the Private Message (PM) part of your profile you can connect one-on-one in a private conversations
- It’s not scalable - you can’t use a personal profile to do a paid Ad campaign so are limited in your business reach
- You can only develop 5,000 friends and then Facebook won’t allow anymore
- You have to do everything manually there is no ability to schedule post
- You can’t walk away from your personal page – for example if you go on a cruise and are not connected with the world – on purpose. 🙂
- You can’t advertise in mass without massive effort and there is risk in this method of advertising
- Your personal profile is technically not meant for business and if used this way Facebook can place you in “Facebook Jail” for a period of time or shut your profile down completely
How Do The Top Earners Use Their Facebook Personal Profile
- You see them sharing their lifestyle
- Sharing the positive in their lives
- Sharing what they are doing in life
- Sharing what their prospects wants, time freedom, travel, quitting that job they hate
- Sending out posts that inspire people – buy the way if you are not doing this you may need to do some Facebook house cleaning and start over again
- They use the personal profile to attract prospects, so you need to cultivate an attractive image!
Bottom line: Use your personal profile to give people a chance to know you a better.
With a Fan Page…
- They are specifically developed for business
- Allows you to build a powerful personal brand
- It can be scaled - you can do paid Ad campaigns with unlimited reach
- Intended for you to engage in transactions and commerce
- Unlike a personal profile Facebook wants you to promote your offers on your Fan Page
- Allows you to develop non-personal fans and followers
- You can have unlimited friends, giving you the ability to maximize social media
- You can target your market to get people who are your best customers and teammates
- You can schedule your posts ahead of time saving you time and allowing you flexibility
- You can actually find out when your Fans are looking at your page and adjust your post times to meet your Fans timelines
- You must “pay to play”
- You’ve got to do paid advertising to profit from building up your fan base
- There’s a learning curve
How Do The Top Earners Use Their Facebook Fan Page
- A Fan Page allows them to separate their personal life from their business life
- They use a Fan Page to brand themselves instead of branding their Network Marketing Company. So if for some reason their company goes south or they want to move to another company they can rebuild a team quickly.
- Finally they use a Fan Page to target top customers and potential teammates
Bottom line: A Fan Page is tailored by Facebook for business.
Groups are hot right now.
Everyone’s talking about, “do I need to start a Facebook Group?”
Well, here’s my thought on Groups…
- They’re free
- It’s a great way to interact with people
- You can create a tight-knit relationship with your team
- Groups are amazing for building a sense of community
- You can’t just establish a group and walk away
- You need to be active daily
How Do The Top Earners Use Their Facebook Groups
- They use a group to create an environment for their team
- They create a sense of community, training, and value
- They use a Group to interact with their team, provide value, give away knowledge, and training
Bottom line: Groups are a valuable way to teach your team and give them the skills to duplicate their business.
I think each method you use will give you more exposure and allow you to connect with more people.
Back to the original question:
What is the best way to build your Network Marketing business on Facebook?
I suggest using all three methods.
And here’s how:
First, set up or clean up your personal profile, bring in your friends and family, and use this as a method of attracting people.
Then set up a Fan Page and start growing your audience.
- Before your start ad campaigns learn how to advertise - it’s the single quickest ways you can start seeing results.
- Link your Personal Profile and your Fan Page to highlight your lifestyle and business and build an attractive profile someone would like to be a part of.
Finally, when you are ready to solidify your team launch a Facebook Group.
- Your Group allows you to build that sense of community and train your team so they can have a successful business.
Here is what happens…
As you grow your business, your personal profile becomes the sharing of your lifestyle.
Your Fan Page becomes the face of your business.
And your Group allow you to provide value to that select group you call your team.
Well these are my thoughts and recommendations!
Now, if you’re brand new, like I was once, and not sure where to start…
At first, all this feels very intimidating.
Let’s face it you may have to start treating your business like a business and not like a hobby.
You may actually have to spend some of that hard-earned money with no guaranteed return.
You can get started for as little as $49!
Interested in learning more?
If you enjoyed this post, please quickly do me a favor and share with others using the social media icons on the left side of this post and also comment below.
To Your Success!
PPS: If Your Upline Does Not Have a Step-By-Step Blueprint for Success, Check This Out (Unless YOU Already Have Too Many Leads) – Click Here For Instant Access.
Is Social Media Marketing Getting You Down?
Do You Spend Endless Hours On Social Media And Get No Or Very Little Results? Finally, An Easy Way To Recruit Into Your Network Marketing Business Using Social Media – Rejection FREE – No Wasting Your Time -- It Produces Result Even When You Sleep!